• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Concussion?

imcool

Bluelighter
I was trying too avoid my dog getting in the house cause it will shit everywhere, so in a moment of sheer angst, i yanked the door open quickly so i could pop inside without my dog getting in. Well, when i yanked it open at full force almost, my head (Eyebrow area) just so happened to be in the way..It struck me..hard. I walked inside grabbing my eye. The pain was very intense. After aboiut a minute that worst subsided, but i am left with a burning/achey feeling just above my eyebrow and a pea sized lump aswell. Anyone think this is enough too cause a concussion??

Though it always helps to observe, I doubt it was a concussion. Lumps on the head are normal when they are bumped-- remember being a kid and getting a ton of those? If you feel like throwing up, or are dizzy after, see a doctor. You should be okay though.

It does not sound like it, but normal advice for concussion is to stay upright so dont lie down, if you feel drowsy, sick or seedy feeling go to you local hospital dont drive get someone to come in with you.
From where you said it hit you, it does seem unlikely. but you could end up with quite a large lump and bruising so maybe put an ice pack over it to help reduce swelling just now.